Jesus-centered and gospel-focused, The Ekklesia Podcast asks honest questions about the institutional church and religious/church tradition.
- Did Jesus intend for his bride, the ekklesia, to have a top-down authority structure or is that concept foreign to the New Testament?
- What is a pastor/elder/bishop?
- Why do we use honorific titles when referring to certain people in the assembly?
- Is there such a thing as “clergy” in Scripture, or is that a man-made institution designed to control others?
- Why do so many institutional churches insist upon meeting on Sunday and what about holy days?
- What about formal church membership? Is that a concept found in Scripture or has tradition handed that to us?
- What is the role of women in Christ’s assembly? Have we succeeded in silencing half the ekklesia?
Mike Adams, a former pastor in institutional church settings is your host for this podcast as we search together for honest and open answers to these questions and many more. The Ekklesia Podcast is an extension of The Ekklesia Blog.
Welcome to The Ekklesia Podcast.